Thursday, 14 April 2016
Sunday, 3 April 2016
Many thanks to the 768 walkers who took part in this year’s Three Peaks Trial! Another huge turnout!
Oldest/Youngest on Routes:
Cardiff Outdoor Group would particularly like to thank:
- Longtown Mountain Rescue Team – LMRT for marshalling all the mountain top checkpoints.
- St David’s Hospice Foundation and Elenydd Wilderness Trust who helped marshall the event.
- Councillor Nick Tatum of Abergavenny Town Council who helped in a number of roles.throughout the day.
The Charities and Fundraisers who supported the event:
- St David’s Hospice Foundation;
- The Vine Trust (a charity who supply volunteers to the poorest parts of the Third World);
- Emmaus South Wales (a charity for the homeless in South Wales);
- The Brain and Spine Foundation (a charity for helping patients and their families cope with severe neurological conditions).
We hope to see you all again at the 2017 event!
The first walkers back on each route were:
Platinum Route: David Little (50) from Bristol returned at 13:17 after the bus dropped them at Llanthony at 8:30.
Gold Route: Richard O'shea (58) from Abergavenny got back at 11:44 after leaving Abergavenny at 8am.
Silver Route: Philip George (58) from Gloucester was first back at 12:10.
Bronze Route: A group of five arrived back at 13:05 - Fiona Richardson (51) from Reigate, Surrey, Verity Langley (44) and Paul Manser (46) both from Eastbourne, Dave Baylis (56) and Wayne Rattle (57) both from New Inn, Nr Pontypool.
The oldest on Platinum Route was Brian Petty (75) from Bristol who got back at 17:28.
The youngest were two 17 year olds, Aled Phillips from Solihull 16:32 and Kieran Knight from Raglan got back at 18:33.
On Gold Route the oldest was Rollo Lewis (67) from Abergavenny who got back at 16:05.
On Silver Route the oldest was Steve Waring (69) from Usk who got back at 15:40 and the
youngest was 11 year old Chantal Martinez from from Kenfig |Hill who got back at 17:36.
The oldest back on Bronze Route was David Pattison, 63 and from Milton Keynes who returned at 16:21. The youngest were a group of three 12 year olds - Olivia Fowler, Harriet Wood and Jodi Fear from Weston Super Mare, who got back at 15:35.